Why so much information?
You are looking to make a big investment in your house and family, we want to take away the smoke and mirrors. We found that the information online was scarce and general in nature. We wanted to change that and hope this can help with your pool building journey.
Concrete Swimming Pools and Spas are a fantastic addition to your lifestyle and can be customized to suit your needs and site requirements.
With smaller block sizes there is a need to design individual swimming pools and concrete pools can be placed and sized almost anywhere.
Options are endless and only limited by your imagination.
Some customizable examples are:
– Wading area for small children
– Step out in the deep end
– Wet edge overflow (vanishing edge)
– Cascading water feature wall
– Mosaic tiling to perimeter
– Various capping products to match paving
– Spa jets, swim jets
– L.E.D. colour changing underwater lights
We too are pool owners. As such we also like low maintenance options which are very easy these days, with automated systems for managing water chemistry at an affordable price. We handle engineering specification and also shire applications.
If you are building or landscaping, we are happy to work with these trades to integrate the process and make the project run smoothly. It is often important to get the concrete pool shell installed before the house slab goes down—this can reduce costs and difficulty, and then we return to finish off closer to when you are ready to move in.
The concrete pool construction process is as follows:
• Design, shire application and engineering
• Dig, form, steel then concrete
• Backfill of sand and layer compaction with vertical rammer
• Plumbing, tiles, water features, capping
• Complete pool surrounds ie: paving/decking/fencing and any remaining construction work
• Pool plastering —then later on that day the water filling begins
• Cleanup, chemical treatment, handover and instruction.